Cutty Sark

When a group of friends created Cutty Sark in 1923, they broke with whisky tradition. As the first Scotch that was made to be mixed, Cutty Sark became an instant classic.

Cutty Sark's distinctive yellow label has graced the world's best bars and clubs for over 90 years.

Core Range

The Cutty Sark Story

Cutty Sark was conceived on 23rd March 1923 at No. 3 St James’s Street, the address of the world’s oldest and most prestigious wine and spirits merchant. The partners of Berry Bros. & Rudd, Francis Berry and Hugh Rudd, meet with Scottish artist James McBey for lunch. The conversation turned to whisky and it was decided to create a new, lighter style of blended whisky. McBey suggested the name Cutty Sark as the ship had recently returned to London.

Robertson & Baxter, precursor of Edrington, became sole supplier of Cutty Sark in 1936.

Cutty Sark won the Queen’s Award for Export in 1971. This prestigious recognition was repeated in 1981.

Edrington acquired Cutty Sark in April 2010 from Berry Bros. & Rudd. Since then, Cutty Sark has remained synonymous with creating great tasting drinks for enjoying in great company.